Meeting started at 4:17 PM.
In attendance: Ron Suresha (Chair), Dr. Rocco Russo, Colin Cogle (acting Records Chair)
- Minutes from the previous meeting (May 7) were approved as-is, unanimously via consensus.
- Modified consensus training has been postponed.
- Rebranding from “New Milford Greens” to “Green Party of New Milford” is in progress. The logo will need to be updated.
- Elections postponed due to lack of quorum.
- The July meeting is being rescheduled from July 9 to July 16; consensus to approve.
- Colin proposed amending our draft by-laws to allow vote by proxy (such as via mail). This will be considered at a later meeting.
- GPNM would like to thank member Colin Cogle for donating $20 cash.
- We are officially using Ron’s post box for postal mail: 137 Danbury Road #123, New Milford, CT 06776
- Our Web site, email address, and Facebook group will be rebranded from New Milford Greens to Green Party of New Milford.
- Colin will investigate getting us a Google Voice phone number.
- Colin explained the differences between MailChimp (free to start, can email members) and Riseup (free, can have email discussions).
- Ron Suresha reports that the town Historical Properties Commission is looking to fill a Republican vacancy.
- Ronna Stuller put us on the Green Party of Connecticut agenda, but tabled us for this month.
- Village Fair Days (June 28-29, 2017)
- GPNM would like to thank members John Battista and Justine McCabe for graciously donating the money needed to rent us a booth. Ron has procured a certificate of liability insurance.
- We will make a new banner once we have a new logo. Additionally, we will find some of our previous banners.
- Fair hours are from 10 AM to 10 PM. The booth must be staffed from 10:00 AM, until at least 9:30 PM Friday and 9:00 PM Saturday. We have split each day into four-hour shifts and are encouraging members to sign up to cover one or more shifts.
- Ron has procured voter registration supplies.
- We will redo our cards and handouts with the new logo.
- We will need a new logo.
- We should prefer novelties made from recycled materials.
- Idea from Rocco: seed packets with GPNM label/literature.
- Green core values
- How to join us
- Meeting dates
- Colin suggested a paragraph explaining the differences between us and the Democratic Party.
- Free candy? Nothing that would melt, and preferably allergen-free.
- Shall we accept cash donations? Ron has a lock box.
- Tents can be left on the green overnight.
- We will attempt to register voters at the farmers’ market. Roleplay training is suggested beforehand.
- Colin is helping petition for the fracking waste ban on behalf of Food and Water Watch. A petition was circulated.
- A sanctuary city proclamation or ordinance proposal may be pursued in the future.
- Future organizational meetings will be held at 4:00 PM, usually preceded by a potluck dinner, on the following dates: July 16, 2017 (date change); August 6, 2017; September 10, 2017; October 1, 2017; November 5, 2017; December 3, 2017; and January 7, 2018.
Ron motioned to adjourn the meeting, Colin seconded, and the meeting was adjourned at 5:41 PM.
Minutes submitted by Colin Cogle, acting records chair.