Agenda for June 4, 2017

  • Welcome / Introductions
    • Recording Chair to take minutes & attendance
  • Regular business
    • Minutes submitted from previous meeting, May 7, 2017 » Correct / accept
    • Contacted registered NMGs for this mtg: text, email, FB group
    • Rules : Modified consensus. Justine to do minitraining upcoming meeting.
    • Rebranding: from New Milford Greens, to Green Party of New Milford (GPNM or GPNMCT)  »  redo logotype (ask Alissa?)
      • New logo on FB group page, website &c New Banner?
    • GPCT chapter / NM town political party formation 
      • Too early to form an actual town committee
      • We have acting officers for a GPCT chapter.
  • Meeting Chair            Ron J. Suresha
  • Treasury Chair            Joe DeGregorio
  • Recording Chair            Colin Cogle
      • RJS to turn over receipts, finances, cash on hand to Joe.
      • Nominations / Vote on 2017 Officers postponed — reschedule July meeting
      • Mission statement/bylaws/constitution  » RJS and Colin working on draft  » complete after officer elections and submit for consideration at following meeting.
    • Finances: Expenses, funding, and donations
      • Cash on hand: $212 (RJS/RR donated $50)
      • New Banner bought from NM Printing, $31. RJS has receipt.
      • Postal address. We’re now officially listed, both GPNM and NMG, on RJS’s box at UPS: 137 Danbury Road #123, New Milford, CT 06776
      • New WordPress blog Website: domain and hosting: greenpartynewmilford.org ?
      • Bank account — credit union
      • Postage
      • Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/newmilfordgreens/
      • Email account: <newmilfordgreens@gmail.com> get new?
      • Phone: can we get free number? Google Voice?
      • Email list service (MailChimp, e.g.)?
      • »  Hat pass
    • Candidates (elected & appointed) for municipal committees & council
      • »  Joe reconsidering town council run
      • RJS report — Historical Properties Commission
      • » Town committee vacancies — how to apply for positions
    • Actions
      • Next GPCT meeting in Portland: GPNM on agenda, tabled for now
      • Young’s Field Riverfront Inauguration Celebration ~ June 17 ~ volunteers?
      • Village Fair Days ~ Friday, July 28 & Saturday, July 29 
        • John & Justine generously donated $350 check to CoC for space
        • Great opportunity for attracting fresh blood
        • Certificate of liability insurance $70 paid out of petty cash RJS paid with credit
        • Tent, tables, chairs: we have — need help transpo, set up
        • Banners: Have NMG. Make with new logo? John & Justine also have 3-4 old ones
        • » Need to staff both 10-hour days. 3 or 4-hour shifts? » RJS to handle schedule form
        • » Need to stock up on voter registration supplies and info
        • » Need to redo GPNM new logo for cards, handouts
        • » Novelties: pens, stress balls, &c — need to order in advance
        • » Candy (nonmeltables)
        • » Does anyone have a big clean water cooler? Sell / giveaway iced green tea
        • Training / roleplay for voter reg, public encounters, conflict avoidance
        • Other considerations for Fair Days?
      • Registration drive Saturdays during Famers Market “Greens on the Green”
      • Town ordination Fracking Ban. Colin report
      • Spring: Greenway cleanup volunteers
      • Local procedures for filing citizen petitions
      • »   LTEs: “Sanctuary City” — Fracking — Other ideas?
  • New business

o   » Next meeting dates: [Usually] 1st Sunday of the month: 2017: July 9 (2nd Sunday due to holiday),Need to reschedule as RJS out of town July 9-  August 6, September 3, October 1, November 5, December 3; January 7, 2018

o   Meeting place: 25 Summit Street until further notice

o   Other New Business ?

  • Adjourn

This agenda is also available as a PDF.