Green Party of New Milford
Minutes — Organizational Meeting #3
Sunday, April 2, 2017; 4:00 PM — 25 Summit Street, New Milford, CT 06776
- Ron Suresha (Chair)
- Dr. Rocco Russo
- Joe DeGregorio
- Minutes from the previous meeting (January 29) were approved unanimously. Motion made by Joe, seconded by Colin.
- There was an informal meet-up last month (March 5) at the local Starbucks.
- Next meeting (May 7) will feature a modified consensus tutorial.
Drafting of group by-laws:
- Ron passed around the Constitution of the Green Party of Waterford (Connecticut), a map of New Milford, and our current draft by-laws.
- Consideration for representation of each voting district was approved unanimously. Motion made by Joe, seconded by Rocco.
Officer elections for the calendar year have been postponed until the next meeting.
Joe will evaluate small local and online banks, and report back at the next meeting.
Joe will research requirements such as registration dates and deadlines. If signatures are required, we can collect them.
Ron is meeting with Mayor Gronbach on April 6 regarding a seat on the Historic Properties Committee.
- Joe to research possible Earth Day events with Parks & Rec.
- Ron to research getting a table at Village Fair Days (July 29–30), and report back at the next meeting.
Democratic Socialists of America
- Western Connecticut Democratic Socialists founded recently.
- Ron will be our ambassador to the DSA Meetup at The Iron Rail on April 5.
Colin will research services such as Riseup.
- Draft version available at https://newmilfordgreens.wordpress.com
- It will be formally presented at the next meeting, and we will vote to announce it and take it live.
- Still on the first Sunday of the month; May 7 and June 4.
- July’s meeting is pushed back a week to July 9 due to the holiday.
Motion by Rocco to adjourn, seconded by Joe; approved unanimously.